Friday 27 November 2020

Property Search


I really enjoy painting small garden birds and, although we do have a small garden, I have been really delighted to see quite a large variety of species visiting.

Next year, it would be amazing to attract some birds to nest and I have been doing a little research.  Their needs are basic; food, water, nesting - ideally they would like to feel welcome and comfortable, but most importantly they will probably start their new house search in the winter months, so it's worth starting to make your property desirable now :)

I am really keen to hang some "upside-down" teapots along the fence, away from any passing cats and buy some bird food, create a clean water source, maybe get a bird bath and lay some nesting in the pots.  

With our busy lives, personally we have tried to make our outside space to be minimal maintenance so have probably reduced the environment attractive for wildlife.  I am now trying to put some back - I have lavenders (both French and English) in pots for the bees and butterflies and they absolutely love them!  With my plans for the birds, I hope we can build back a little haven in our garden.

www.kayeparmenter.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Time - National Trust