Tuesday 15 June 2010


On Show

There are so many fantastic subjects that we can paint, inspiration comes from so many directions.

I am taking stock and really enjoying splashing out on some unusual subjects, looking for a different angle - something to create a stir, cause a reaction or to produce painting that simply states, this medium of watercolour is magical. I am so lucky to be able to do what I enjoy - my eyes are well and truly open to light, colour, character, transparency and all the things that make me say "wow"!
Next week, I have a couple of days where I can truly experiment and have some fun without the pressures of an exhibition, hopefully more posts to follow soon!
Happy painting everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Your peacock is truly magical Kaye, the fusions of pigment and salt formations are so wonderful and definitely give the viewer the 'WOW' factor. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Debbie. This is the perfect subject! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kaye very delicate , wonderful composition and square ... it's delightful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, that made me giggle! Thanks everyone for your comments. I used a water spray a lot in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaye I've just done a painting with my spray bottle... it was such fun watching the pigment disperse over the paper, so can imagine what fun you had and it paid off. Love this style....

    ReplyDelete
  6. E fai bene a misurarti con soggetti diversi. Brava come sei nell'uso dell'acquerello รจ il modo giusto per trovare la tua strada preferita ma innanzitutto per ricavare la soddisfazione che meriti. Ciao e buoni colori.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this peacock Kaye!!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust