Wednesday 5 May 2010

Post-preview but still buzzing!


Three weeks of unbroken sunshine and, bang on the opening time of my exhibition, the heavens also opened! I was a just a little disappointed not to be able to offer my visitors the complete experience of the iconic gardens as well as the paintings, but the people who came to share my day with me made me feel very special and some even braved a spin round the gardens in the rain, thank you!

This is now day 5 of the exhibition and between a third and a quarter of the paintings have sold, and I have received the most amazing comments and emails from people who have viewed my paintings. The experience has been quite overwhelming but at the same time, so very very exciting! So for now, it's back to the easel!!
To see the paintings, please visit

5 comments:

  1. that is absolutely great news kaye. I can see why. You are doing some great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kaye. I'm not at all surprised at your success if all of your paintings are as stunning as the ones I have seen so far. I absolutely love this one! So peaceful and serene. I love how you have captured such an enormous feeling of distance. You have an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're still buzzing brilliant news kaye have a wonderful week ... pouring here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are on a high Kaye... nothing beats the satisfaction of a successful show!!! You deserve the glory! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much everyone. Gary, thanks! Sandra, this view is typical of the Somerset Levels and I find living here totally inspiring. Jane, sorry it's raining with you too!! Debbie, I think that the highs and lows we experience are really important - I don't believe you can feel one completely without the other!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust