Tuesday 19 June 2012

Hare Style!



Hare Style!
I have thoroughly enjoyed getting back into the studio after my exhibition.  Although I have a gallery exhibition approaching and a visit to a new gallery next week, I have had a few moments spare to gather my thoughts and decide what direction I will be heading in - not only over the next few months, but next year too. 
I can't deny, it's exciting!  I have so many ideas and and next year's calendar is filling up already.  I believe that building up can only be carried on great foundations and the foundation for me has to be the quality of the artwork......I am trying to work on originality, impact and technique.
Finding time for exploration will be really important for me - something that is sometimes not easy when you are rushing to hit deadlines.  I have learnt though from a recent course that sometimes a simple change in your daily routine can be enough to free up more time.
303 Gallery preview, Thursday 21st June 6-8.00pm GOING FOR GOLD!

10 comments:

  1. Best wishes on the gallery exhibition! That's exciting! I love these paintings. They are so vibrant and have such pleasant feelings to them. I like your goals of originality, impact and technique. But I think you're doing well with all three already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such wonderful bunnies! love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Katherine, thank you so much for your reply. I've come back to re-read my blogpost a couple of times just to make sure it sounds ok.....I'm so passionate about my painting and typically always striving to get somewhere. Your reply has reassured me that it's ok and you made me smile, so thank you :-). It's been a busy and fraught day today, and I really appreciate your post x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful hare pair!!! Just love them......they would go very well with our other one.......hmmmmm! lol Hope your gallery exhibition goes well but I'm sure it will - quality, originality and that spark your paintings impart will guarantee success. Enjoy your time back in the studio and hope to catch up soon.

    Hugs.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Karen!!! Lovely to see you here :-) Hahaha, I may just use this title for the painting, I love it...Hare Pair!!!! Yes I hope we can catch up soon, hope things are ok with you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kaye - Wow these two characters are gorgeous but their stares are definitely a bit piercing... lol Wonder what's going on in their heads... Fabulous painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kaye your course sounded good ..know you will make lots of time for experimentation and exploration ... like the marks /dwg on this one kaye ..all the best with the new gallery ....ciao j

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE paintings of hares, and the looser style like yours suits them best imo. This pair are fab.

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust