Sunday 13 June 2021

Summer Clematis

 


"Summer Clematis"

Original Watercolour on paper

Well it's a hot day today, probably the warmest of the year so far and I'm sure the garden will love it as much as we do!  I have gradually added to the plants in pots in our garden this year and I've been looking for really pretty flowering plants such as sweet peas and clematis.

The clematis that I have chosen is called "Sarah Elizabeth" and has beautiful pink flowers.  The painting is inspired by, but a different colour to my plant and I think I will have to paint another when the flowers appear. 

Although putting the plants in pots is a little more high maintenance than planting them in the ground, I have the luxury of moving them around and placing them where they like to be in the sun/shade.

I'll try and share pics when the blooms appear and hopefully I'll be inspired to paint more watercolours of this very pretty subject.

www.kayeparmenter.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Time - National Trust