Saturday 11 July 2020

Lyme Regis Crabbing



"Lyme Regis Crabbing"
Original Watercolour


One evening last year I visited Lyme Regis to make sketches, take photos and soak up the atmosphere for inspiration.  

It was an amazing evening, not a cloud in the sky and the town was bustling which was absolutely perfect for wandering and just stopping to observe.  I have about 50 or so photos which I have been studying and this first painting was inspired by the children sitting along the harbour side with crab lines dangling over the edge into the water.

The low sun facing the building on the Cobb hasn't given me many shadows to play with, but the water was a gorgeous deep blue and the light fell on the stone rim of the wall and sides of the boats.  But of course, my focal point is my small fisherman, leaning precariously over the edge to try and get his catch!

©kayeparmenter 2020






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Time - National Trust