Monday 19 June 2017

Dizzy



Dizzy Dalmatian
Private commission


I was recently asked to paint a commission for someone who had sadly recently lost her Dalmatian dog, Dizzy.

The owners of the pups from Dizzy have clearly formed a great friendship.  They have all joined together to buy a portrait commission to present to their friend to try and help with the enormous sadness felt by the loss of such a special pet.  When I'm painting in these circumstances, I always remember the bonds - there are none quite like the one between us and our canine companions.

So with a selection of photos to paint from, I chose the one with the most spots!  The pink collar gave me the idea to bring greys and pinks into background and shadow areas.  The painting has a dreamy, ethereal effect and I had to paint carefully so as not to spoil the fresh delicacy of the initial wash.

My thoughts go to Dizzy's owners and although I know the painting can't take the pain away, I hope that it brings a little comfort.

www.kayeparmenter.co.uk/commissions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Time - National Trust