Monday 22 March 2010


Exhibition Time

Just over 1 month to go to my exhibition at East Lambrook Manor Gardens in Somerset. Amongst feelings of nerves, I am looking at my paintings critically and beginning to wonder if they are "good enough". 'Geraniums' is a painting that I'm very fond of but it still may not make it into the exhibition! For me, I like the light falling on the left flower, which puts the right in shade. This image is only a part of the entire painting.


If anyone would like to come along to the exhibition, please do email info@kayeparmenter.co.uk and I will send you an invitation.

8 comments:

  1. hi kaye this section looks excellent to me .... would love to see the whole painting ....goodluck with the run up to your exhibition

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and think your paintings are beautiful! I love all of them but especially the otter one :) This painting is lovely, I like the light too. Good luck with your exhibition, I know how you feel when you keep wondering if your work is good enough. But I think yours is.

    I look forward to following along with you here. I paint watercolors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Crystal

    Thank you for your comment on my blog - I have to admit that I'm very new to this and am learning with each post, but I'm so pleased that you have joined. I love your profile, and is your pic one of your artworks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Kaye it is, it's a painting of me and my son :)

    If you want you can come see my blog crystalcookart.blogspot.com (not trying to spam you honestly! I would have liked it if people did this when I started blogging)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great, Crystal, I will have a look. Thanks for lettimg me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaye I'm so glad you have stared blogging your beautiful creations.... Your softness and emotion you put into each painting is truly remarkable......This one is brilliant as well as your Otters. Keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, thanks so much, when I've got a few minutes spare I'm going to have a look at your blog with your wonderful notes on Hazel Soan course...HOW exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If your painting aren't good enough then there is no hope for me! I think they are worthy of a place in any gallery!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust