Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Happy New Year!



"The Tackle"
Original Watercolour 32cm x 32cm (sold)
Copyright Kaye Parmenter 2012


Welcome to the people who have joined my blog and I would like to extend warm wishes to everyone for a very Happy and Healthy New Year.

 As a mum of two boys and also a busy watercolour artist this inevitably means that life is never dull.  I love Christmas and the associated chaos but equally, I find the festive holiday a wonderful time to reflect and plan for the future year.  

The forth-coming few months hold so many exciting things for me work-wise.....I have two online watercolour painting courses almost fully booked, a further one to develop, two exhibitions and gallery commitments to fulfil.  When searching for a suitable caption to go alongside the rugby painting, I came across a quotation to share:

"Action is the foundational key to all success"
Pablo Picasso

As I am a firm believer in constant practice and experimentation in art, perhaps this is a good quote to keep in mind and remember to keep those brushes handy - even if you just pick them up for a quick sketch a day.

Happy 2013!
Kaye