Saturday 3 November 2012

Movement, life and colour


I have treated myself to a new watercolour paint tube - Daniel Smith Duochrome Mauve which has luminescent properties.  So far I have used it to paint wisteria, the little kitten and this owl.  Whilst this is not probably a colour you would normally think of using to paint an owl, I was intrigued to see the luminescent effect and it definitely warms up what could be quite a cool painting.  By using colour, lost edges for indicating movement and a combination of white paper versus deep blue for my darkest tone,  I looked to achieve the effect of him stopping to focus on something......

Have a great weekend all.


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Kaye - love the effect you've achieved with this new colour; definitely warms the picture up.

    Hugs.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work. Just found your blog. Will be adding you to my blogs that I watch list. Looking forward to your next painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Polly, great to meet you and thank you for adding my blog to your watch list. Kaye

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust