Thursday 28 June 2012

A wonderful workshop!


Thank you to the wonderful ladies of the "Somerset Art Group"

I had the honour of spending a few hours with the company of a group of artists who are clearly very passionate about their work.  Meeting weekly to paint, they are actively arranging exhibitions and working together with their art.  I will be watching their progress with interest!

I had been contacted to ask whether I would be interested in holding a workshop for the group and although I have recently reluctantly cut back on teaching due to gallery and exhibition commitments, I was keen to meet this enthusiastic group of artists so I agreed to offer a tutorial session.
I appreciate that my style of painting is hard to teach and perhaps even harder to emulate but with a build up of exercises to explain certain aspects of the technique, I was so pleased to see everyone enthusiastically experimenting with the washes, wet-in-wet.  I truly believe that with any tuition session on any subject, if you pick up even a small bit of valuable information, the session has been worth it.  It is even more exciting to hear and see enthusiasm and smiles of enjoyment using a medium that the group clearly love! 
I wish the ladies of the Somerset Art Group every success in their future art ventures!

Here is a link to their website:

3 comments:

  1. they do look like an enthusiastic bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Kaye

    You were a great teacher and we picked up loads of hints and tips. We love your paintings they have so much energy!!!

    Hope to see you soon and if you have time to give us another lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, yes a lovely group!

    Hello Adeena, great to hear from you. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the day too, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust