Tuesday 20 March 2012

Sharp Edge

Sharp Edge
"Blencathra",
Lake District


Anyone who knows our family well will wonder why, with
a smile, that I don’t paint more of the Lake District. I wonder why too, perhaps it is that I’ve
fallen in love with the Somerset Levels which couldn’t be further from the
heights of the fells!

There is more to this painting that meets the
eye. Dark versus light, colour versus
monochrome, sharp versus fuzzy. I wonder
how much we actually take in when we glance at a landscape view?

www.kayeparmenter.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kaye:) Beautiful! The sharp edges are amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Renate. Sharp Edge is by name by nature! It's a ridge that can be scrambled along if you've got a head for heights! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you scrambled it Kaye? - I've done it 4 and a half times! - the last time I had to turn back as it was too wet and slippy, it was a bit scary going back down the other way but made the right decision turning back. I absolutely love your painting. Scales Tarn and Sharp Edge is very close to my heart

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust