Sunday 18 March 2012

Dancing Light



There are so very many factors to consider about
planning a painting before picking up your paint-brush. For me, the beauty of watercolour is that,
however hard I plan there will always be little surprises around the corner.

This painting has an unusual composition and narrow
format with the left hand side of the ballerina creating a wavy line down the
page. What I wasn’t expecting was the
way the water flowed back into the deeper colours, creating wonderful watermarks
and glowing highlights across the shoulders, tutu and back of leg.

I have named this painting, “Dancing Light” because of
this.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you Arti. I'm really enjoying my painting at the moment, I'm trying to catch up after spending time on my book! Thanks for commenting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those highlights that you've pointed out had already caught my attention. So beautiful! I'm glad the experience of painting this was a moving one for you too, the painting shows that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you enjoying your painting, this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust