Saturday 3 April 2010

I was recently asked to donate a painting for a charity auction in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital, and in memory of a little girl called Poppy. I was keen to find out whether my painting (similar to the one shown here) was successful at the auction but I wasn't prepared for the news that I received.....

As the bidding increased on the painting, which included bids from Poppy's mum and dad, the final moments saw the watercolour go to someone else. It was when I heard that the successful bidder then gave the painting to Poppy's mum and dad as a gift, that I realised that I have the best job in the world. The painting did raise a good sum for the charity and the total event raised over £12,000 for Great Ormond Street.

What can I say.

2 comments:

  1. this is so very very beautiful kaye ..i'm glad Poppy's parents were given the painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane, I saw a newspaper cutting of the event last week and a photo of little Poppy, it was really heart-rending. If we can make even a little difference with our art, it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust