Monday 18 May 2020

Whiter shade of pale



Private Commissions
"Neeko" Centre
©Kaye Parmenter 2020


Neeko is the latest addition to my commission portfolio.  Although sadly gone but not forgotten, he was a breed called Lhasa apso.  They are considered to be affectionate and great companions.  Along with the other characters in this montage, I had a lovely opportunity to capture his gorgeous furry, hairy face in watercolour.  It's never a problem for me as painting dogs is up there amongst my favourite subjects!

As ever, my painting starts with the eyes.  I really look hard to try and capture the personality of my subject and the eyes are the "window' to the soul.  Behind each painting is a character that brings love, laughs and a bond that really is indescribable. 

Thank you to everyone who gives me the chance to capture their loved ones in watercolour, it is always truly appreciated x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Time - National Trust