Monday 23 May 2016

Busy Bee


Honey Bee
Watercolour on Paper
72cm x 56cm

Private Commission
Image ©KayeParmenter 2016


My latest commission is five large watercolours for a luxury holiday accommodation in Somerset – one painting for each of five beautiful bedrooms.
Having visited the amazing barn conversion to discuss the paintings, we agreed that the paintings were to be big and colourful.  To my delight, one of the subjects discussed was to paint a favourite of mine…the fabulous honey bee.
This painting is indeed quite large, the frame measures nearly a metre wide and it was an absolute dream to paint.  The bee almost felt like it was coming alive under my brush and I loved the freedom of dropping  sumptuous colours onto the paper.
I am nearing completion of the commissions and I hope to share details soon of both the holiday accommodation and further images of the paintings.  I have a great, busy week planned, working to deadlines with an event approaching next weekend.  I’ll be back with more pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Time - National Trust