Friday 11 April 2014

101 Top Techniques for Artists


A good friend once asked me whether I thought he should buy a particular reference book on photography and my advice to him years ago was…..”if you pick up one hint or tip from the book, it will have been worth it!”  He bought the book and reminds me of this comment on many occasion!
I again remembered this when looking through the book that the SAA have compiled.  101 Top Techniques from over 100 international artists…..it’s amazing!  I was totally thrilled to have been asked to contribute and, on my page,  I have explained a technique that I use one way or another in almost every painting, tonal counterchange.
You will gain more than one hint or tip in this book, in fact it’s a treasure box of wonderful, special hints and possible secrets that artists are willing to share in this gem of a book. Although I have now sold all my personal copies of the book, it is available for sale on Amazon.  Happy painting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Time - National Trust