Sunday 19 January 2014

A tidy studio!



Quote "The studio is less important than other things, like the burning desire to paint.  If you don't have this disease, you can't catch it from a nice studio" (Warren Criswell).

I am very lucky to have an outbuilding to paint in.  I haven't always painted in there.  For many years, I had a portable pasting table that I could set up anywhere that was warm and light.  I whole-heartedly agree with the quotation above and, although I do now appreciate the peace and tranquility in my studio, I know that I don't have to paint there....I could be anywhere.

So for anyone less fortunate who doesn't have a place to escape to, remember that's not really the important thing - it's the desire to create that counts!

I have kept one of my New Year's resolutions today and tidied my studio but I know that it won't look like this by the end of tomorrow!  Artist's are supposed to be untidy....aren't they??!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Time - National Trust