Sunday 12 January 2014

A portrait out of the blue

(Sold)


Following seeing some inspirational photographs from British Polo Day, Mexico 2013, I selected an image that I loved for the relaxed stance.  I thought it was perfect for trying to capture with watercolour.

With two large brushes, a "dinner plate" with blue watercolour paint and a vertical piece of watercolour paper, I painted fast and loose,  with freedom and enjoying the cascades of water running down the paper.  Exciting and unpredictable!

Whilst it was my initial intention to overpaint the blue with different colours,  people were beginning to say “Stop, we like it as it is”.   A few finishing touches and darker tones  pull the piece together. 

I wish to thank British Polo Day again for taking the most wonderful photos and also to my charismatic and inspiring subject!

For more information on commissions

Please click here

2 comments:

Tulip Time - National Trust