Friday 16 November 2012

Pushing Boundaries

Peek-a-boo
Original Watercolour
Copyright 2012 Kaye Parmenter
15" x 15"

With a focal point nearly off the page, this painting is far from conventional but, for me, somehow it works.  There's a hint of green to compliment the red and angles which direct your eye around the painting - there is room to move in this piece.

Artistic licence is such a wonderful and powerful thing.   It's tempting to jump in paint what you see, sometimes without carefully considering composition and the impact that it can have on the viewer.  Don't be restricted by rules and always push the boundaries!




3 comments:

  1. I like those paintings and those artists who challenge the norms and think for themselves. Brava to you! What you've done with the placement of the head on the page gives the piece a special story to tell. I like that, and I also love the colors you used. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rules are there to be broken! - although I need to learn the rules first before I can break any! - I never think about composition and focal points and warm and cool colours etc etc. I know I should if I want to be a better artist - your painting is beautiful and love the composition of it - certainly works for me!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust