Sunday 7 October 2012

Red or black

Red or Black

This is a subject that I have covered on a couple of occasions.  I am inspired by the sharp, shiny shoes whilst challenged by the soft, diffused reflections.  Against these two opposites, I'm also considering contrasting colours, light and composition.  It's quite a complex piece! 

Visual stimulation is all around us and for much of the time, I wonder whether I simply take it all for granted.  I guess this is one of the things that I love about painting,  thinking about a subject makes you take the time to look in finer detail.

I wish everyone a happy week to follow 



5 comments:

  1. a great subject and a great painting Kaye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty legs but more beauty watercolor.
    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermosos reflejos, fidelidad con el modelo, un placer admirar tu acuarela, felictaciones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love this you have captured the stance many women have when wearing such high heels.... can't manage them myself more's the pity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao, scelta originale, realizzata benissimo: colori e forme trasmettono grande armonia..
    Ciao, ciao,Floriana

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust