Sunday 28 October 2012

No pressure!


Frequently I say on my workshops and courses, how important it is sometimes to take the pressure off when you are painting.  Quite often, we are working towards deadlines, be it for galleries, exhibitions or simply the desire to produce a painting good enough to frame for our own walls.  Sometimes, along with this aim to try and produce a masterpiece, can come a feeling of frustration and disillusionment.

Taking a small piece of paper and simply painting for the fun of it, can sometimes result in the freshest and most spontaneous of paintings and it's a great exercise to do in between painting larger pieces.  Often you can have ideas that can then translate into larger works and the process can refresh your palette in so many ways!


12 comments:

  1. Hi Kaye - I just love watching you paint.........from nothing comes the most amazing creations and I'm always astounded! Your subjects eyes always capture their amazing souls as shown with the kitten and especially your baby monkey who I've fallen in love with......again!

    Hugs.

    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen! Thank you so much, what a lovely thing to say! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Kaye, you're absolutely right, it's so liberating not having to worry about the outcome. It makes it possible to take risks and try things we wouldn't normally dare to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, I always love doing these little sketches - so relaxing ;-) Kaye

      Delete
  3. Oh My, what a sweet kitty! And great advice on those small in between quickies while there's still some wet paint, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaye,

    your way of painting is amazing.I always enjoy your slide show as well. Typical watercolour technique, water and colour run nicely on a paper. Very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hani, thankyou for taking the time to comment and I love it that you enjoy the slideshow, I must add more images! Kaye

      Delete
  5. Hello Kaye:) You are so right! I love your kitty. So sweet and cute. Lovely done. Have a nice week:) Did I already say something about the monkey in top? So cute and beautiful painted:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Renate, thanks for your comments, the kitty was amazing to paint :-)

      Delete
  6. I really love and enjoy seeing your painting. The eyes of kitty and baby monkey are so sweet innocence, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Thum, I'm really pleased that you enjoy seeing my paintings, thanks for posting. Kaye

      Delete

Tulip Time - National Trust