Friday 19 October 2012

Black or White


It's been a week full of painting for me, and having worked on some landscapes, I decided to have a complete change of subject matter with these Zebras.  Faced with whites and blacks, the painting could seem pretty straightforward but as ever with my paintings, it's never really quite that straightforward!  I've got lost edges, found edges, merging colours, angles and shadows to contend with.  There's also a few colours in there you may not expect......Artistic Licence is just the most wonderful thing!  Have a great weekend everyone :-)

5 comments:

  1. I love your drippy stripes! I'm so glad I clicked on you. The cropped image that showed up in my dashboard was no match for the delightful image I found here! It's just lovely and dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan, thank you for finding me! :-) I'm so pleased that you like my Zebras, not an easy subject to paint but quite striking with the tonal range.

      Delete
  2. Hello Kaye:) Your Zebras are lovely! I like the blue you added. Great painting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Renate, thank you! Yes, it was really tempting to include a lot of extra colours in this painting, that apparently seems just black and white initially!

      Delete

Tulip Time - National Trust