Wednesday 22 August 2012

Postcard 8


 Birds in the garden
Still absorbed by the wildlife in the garden, here are two blue-tits and the corresponding postcard!  Sorry if you can't see it too well, I was trying to show it in the surroundings with the feeder in the background.  This is nestling in a patio area very close to the house where so many animals and birds come to visit.  When painting the blue-tits, I did really have to think carefully about the colour - I wanted to paint their chests yellow, but on close inspection, their chests here are only just yellow!  

We have been cycling again today and walking too, trying to dodge the showers and not succeeding, lol!  Thankful we're not camping :-)


www.kayeparmenter.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kaye:) Beautiful. Very loose and beautiful fresh colors. Nice photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Renate, I'm totally useless at recognising birds :-) These blue-tits didn't look the right colour in the photograph to me so I had to ask hubby for confirmation (he's brilliant with bird ID!) I've seen more since which are brighter in colour, so it's all a very enjoyable learning curve!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust