Thursday, 12 July 2012

Painting Loose Watercolours


Painting loose watercolours

I loved painting this......it was loose and the watercolours mingled and merged on the paper as I saw the image appearing as I had hoped it would.  I am beginning to understand my feelings when painting - never completely satisfied unless I'm allowing the watercolours to work together on the paper rather than being too controlled.  

I suppose this is my personal definition of looseness in watercolour - it's not an easy way to paint as it's quite bold in the application of water and pigment.

Thank you Dawn, ablanksheetofpaper for your blog entry on loose watercolours - it made me think!  So many people express a desire to loosen up with their watercolours and this means something different to each artist.  As your style evolves, each little experiment and attempt to reach a goal, takes you one step nearer!

www.kayeparmenter.co.uk