Friday 23 March 2012

Take a photo!


Splashdown!

Work in Progress
Tip: If indoubt, stop and take a photo.

It’s unusual for me to show a painting that isn’t finished but I felt that I learnt something at this stage of the painting. My vision was to achieve the effect of splashing water
and movement and, for this, the tone in the water was important. I reached the stage in this painting where I believed that more depth of colour was required in the water. I stopped and took a photo.

By looking at the small photo, it became clear to me where I needed to see darker tones in the water area – I’m not sure why it became clear from the photo, but it seemed to work and I was then able to carry on with the painting.

So, if in doubt, take a photo and play with the photo before you commit to the rest of the painting.

1 comment:

  1. Hai Kaye:) In progress? This is stunning already! What a movement in your painting. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust