Thursday 16 June 2011

Look on the bright side!

Having sat for an hour in the garden of a Holiday Cottage in the Lake District last year at midnight, watching a lone peanut butter sandwich on the grass in front of me waiting for the badger rustling in the bushes to appear, I was not down-hearted. I grabbed a glass of wine and stared up into the sky where, with the lack of light-pollution, the view of the stars was unbelievably beautiful.


The badger didn't appear but I still saw nature at it's best.


There's always a bright side :-)


Have fun tomorrow everyone.



4 comments:

  1. This painting is enchanting! I like how you blended all the soft colors and they are such a pleasant combination of hues. I also like how some lines are defined and others are subtly suggested, letting me fill in details with my imagination. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this badger....love what you did with it...you actually gave it a cute face:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just joined your blog and have to comment, I love the looseness to you paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Katherine and Cynthia. Bobbi, thank you for joining my blog, it's lovely to meet you. Yes, my paintings are loose aren't they! I love painting this way - sometimes unpredictable but you can get some magical watercolour effects.

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust