Thursday 17 March 2011

Prussian Blue!


Prussian Blue
I am slipping into bad habits...starting a painting without making sure I had squeezed the right paints in my palette. My painting style is very loose, painted usually with lots and lots of water, and it's edgy, and I mean by this that I react quite quickly to the effects appearing on the paper and try to capitilize them! I didn't have my blue to hand when I most needed it and couldn't find it in my box.....oh no, so I grabbed the nearest blue I could find.....Prussian Blue. What an amazing colour and how spectacularly it worked for me on the paper! I love it and will try to make the same mistake again ;-)

6 comments:

  1. The hazard can sometimes make great discoveries and out of habit, in this case it allowed you to create a superb watercolor. This blue is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaye, this is gorgeous, love your painting style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much movement and mood here! I love the soft diffused transitions in your paintings and this strong pigment is perfect for wet-in-wet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lydie....I found myself in this situation today and my painting dried too fast :(. Mine unfortunately wasn't a happy ending! Yours is full of movement.... love it Kaye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lydie, yes it's funny isn't it how it can happen! Maria, thank you for your comment, I appreciate it. Blaga, yes I know what you mean, I will be experimenting more! Debbie, hi, how are you, hope you're ok - great to see you painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your way of painting is the opposite of my way.
    your stile is so easy and loose and says a lot.
    Happy Painting Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust