Wednesday 23 February 2011

Busy days.......

I can't believe how quickly time is marching on. From arranging for my first children's book to be published earlier this year to arranging a small exhibition with snowdrops and spring flowers, I would have liked the time to slow down, not fly past even faster.

Painting wise, I'm very busy as usual, but here is a little something to make you smile:

A couple of years ago, I visited St Margarets Hospice in Yeovil and was fortunate to be introduced to Patrick. He is a gorgeous black cat who, one day, casually wandered in and quite literally "made himself at home". He is now a valuable and much loved member of the team. I photographed him and painted a portrait in watercolour.

His portrait sits on the wall in the entrance to the hospice and he can saunter past and admire himself on a daily basis. He is now reproduced on greetings cards and is a fundraiser for the charity!

http://www.kayeparmenter.co.uk/

4 comments:

  1. Lovely cat ! and yes the time goes so quickly .. I would like to stop it a little bit ! I will visit your new blog :) ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello viola, yes he's great isn't he! I think he is good therapy for patients as he makes himself comfortable in their rooms and provides company. Qwhat a character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. Especially the expression you captured on his face. It's not easy to paint animals.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jean, yes I agree! He was laying in the sunshine in this painting, soaking up the warm rays through a window!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust