Monday 18 October 2010

Inspired to carry on!


Two for one!

And, see, I couldn't resist developing the swan painting (first painting, monday morning!).

This is a much larger piece of work, 16" x 12", but based on the ideas from the smaller sketch from my last blog post. I managed to retain the light on the back of the swans and, by accident, the reflection under the swans began to take on a life of its own - this, I believe, has added some magic to the painting.

For now, I am satisfied with this subject and will find inspiration elsewhere for my next piece.

www.kayeparmenter.co.uk

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is exceptional and very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! I especially like the right side, the sparkling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaye! This has turned out beautifully, would loved to have watch you paint this. The softness and grace shines through these birds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Maria and Egle. Debbie, I tried to video the swans in progress but the batteries ran out in my camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely beautiful and serene. I just love your style, it's just so delicate and beautiful. Terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous painting - there's a lovely feeling to it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. purely magical took me back to the fond memories of the story Ugly ducklings, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust