Wednesday 7 July 2010


Making Friends - Original Watercolour 16" x 12"
going to Auction at an event in Suffolk

I received a telephone call last week to let me know that a painting that I had donated had been auctioned at an event in Scotland. I was thrilled to find out that the painting had reached a sizeable sum to go to a variety of charities including "Combat Stress", "Help for Heroes" and "Erskine Recovery Centres".

The event organiser explained to me that her life is not focused on raising money, but to "be there" for our soldiers and their families. As she speaks from the heart, she has the ability to reach out and touch the hearts of others which ensures success in the events she organises.


I am totally humbled when I hear of the stories of great bravery and huge loss - I wish I could do more................

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kaye... I love the emotive quality of your work ... I love the type of art where there is always a story that evokes emotions and memories ... keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing paiting Kaye, with so much interest :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Kaye and well done you for being so supportive of our boys in uniform!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jamila, Sandra and Helen. Thanks for your comments, it's hard to know how to support our forces but I'm hoping that each little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust