Thursday 22 April 2010

I've been quite overwhelmed today with the number of lovely comments about my paintings and the warm wishes for success of my exhibition.

I know that we should all really enjoy the subjects that we paint and hopefully like our own paintings, but there is nothing quite like the feeling when someone else likes your work!!

I have lived with my flower paintings for a while now and become used to their appearance unframed - but today I've seen them finished and I can't wait to show them to my guests at the preview!

Thank you again to friends, family and all the lovely people who take the time to comment on my work.

4 comments:

  1. I have just stumbled across your blog through Debbie does Art and I am so glad I did! You have such a talent and I love your loose style! This is something I am trying to do - loosen up. I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, thanks so much. My subjects are usually totally unrecognisable on a first wash but funnily enough this, for me, is the most enjoyable stage! I'm so pleased you're following my blog....it's all quite new to me at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love both this and the swan kaye

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust