Friday 2 April 2010


The First Dance

Memories, special moments, things we've all seen at one time or another, things that move us and, in my case, inspire me to paint. How do we go from an idea in our head to putting this down on paper?

In this painting, my focal point is the children dancing. Here I have maximum focus, maximum contrast and the subject is placed off centre on the paper. I was looking for impact at the focal point and the suggestion of dancing in the background.

I think I'll return again to this subject and try to paint it in a completely different way, new composition, new colours, different technique and see what I can learn.









2 comments:

  1. very nice Kaye. How well I remember that first dance I was dragged off to screaming the whole way but was not that bad after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, how funny Gary! Those first little awkward memories in life! Happy days.

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust