Saturday 20 October 2018

Right said Fred

watercolour portrait dog lurcher saluki painting art

Last week I stayed at the beautiful Dundas Arms in Kintbury and my heart was stolen by a fellow guest,  the adorable Fred.
Fred is a lurcher/saluki cross and was found by his new owner as an abandoned pup.  He had lost one of his front legs but this loss doesn’t seem to have lessened his zeal as he recently managed to catch a hare!   In the pub, I took a lovely photo of him and he provided the most wonderful and appealing subject to paint.
So, at a recent painting demonstration organised by South Petherton Art group, I set about trying to capture the essence of his amazing persona for my audience.
For those who watched me paint, I promised to share the image when finished - so here he is.  Finishing the painting after the demonstration wasn’t too complicated – I just had to paint the lead, darken some of the fur and of course, add some finer details to those fabulous ears!
Workshops are being planned for the New Year Jan 2019.  If you are interested, please do either email me or subscribe to my website mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Time - National Trust