Friday 19 February 2016

A tightrope between success and failure

Original watercolour painting of bee on flower

It has been the most amazing week and I have received lots of enquiries from people looking for help with their watercolours. I promise I will organise some "live" tuition soon but in the meantime there is online tuition on my website. I love that fact that watercolour is so popular and standing strong amongst  the other mediums. It is not the easiest medium to paint with yet, in my opinion, it is addictively exciting.

For my birthday recently, I received the wonderful book "Inspired by Light" by the amazingly talented Ken Howard.  There is a section in the book about watercolours and a part made me smile.  He says "with a watercolour painting I feel I am walking a tightrope between success and failure.  When it is finished I am often exhausted.  As a medium, watercolour is much more demanding than oils"

Does that sound familiar? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulip Time - National Trust