Wednesday 20 February 2013

Sulking!


There is something wonderful about seeing a friend’s photograph and caption that makes you laugh out loud.  And this is what this little furry cat did to me!  Not only did it make me laugh but I also saw something really special that I wanted to capture in watercolour.

Here is the painting, followed by the caption:


And there he is, sulking because the automatic feeder failed to feed him err... automatically. He might have lost a bit of weight from his cheeks”


There is so much to consider when choosing a subject and deciding how to paint it.  Sometimes it can be a matter of “what do you leave out” as much as “what do you actually paint”.   This portrait is so unusual as you can hardly see the eyes, yet even without this, there is a magical expression.  Sometimes things click and a little bit of magic happens!



12 comments:

  1. Adorable. Lovely sensitive painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is gorgeous, and you can almost see what he's thinking in this. Wonderful painting, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny isn't it Vandy, a little weight loss in the cheeks :-)

      Delete
  3. Awww, so pretty! Perfectly painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous softness in the fur. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, expressive painting Kaye! I just want to stroke him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can feel the disappointment. I love the whiskers-beautifully painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know Celia, I feel sorry for him :-)!!! Thanks for the comment

      Delete

Tulip Time - National Trust