Friday 8 February 2013

Live for the moment!


Mischief Maker!
Original Watercolour 
Framed Oak 12" x 12"
Copyright Kaye Parmenter 2013

"Few of us ever live in the present, we are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone" - Louis L'Armor

I love this quote and have been contemplating it over the last few days.  I have tried to do this - to enjoy living in the moment and I was delighted that it can work for me!  Although I know it is important to have plans and dreams,  there is nothing you can do to alter the past and the the future is yet to come.....so enjoy where you are now!

I was working on a sketch to illustrate a point for my next watercolour course whilst planning and thinking of all the things I have to do.  My mind was busy and preoccupied!  The sun appeared outside and, all of a sudden, I changed tack completely and spontaneously painted the above black lamb.  It was a moment of pure enjoyment....just living in the present and appreciating the moment.

I hope my little Black Lamb makes you smile.

6 comments:

  1. Very well said Kaye and something I try and do every day ! And it goes without saying that I love your black lamb!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sharon, I wish I'd found this quote a while ago - such an obvious thing really, but it works.

      Delete
  2. Great thought for sure - I do believe being involved in creating art (or any creativity really) enables you to get lost in the moment for as long as it lasts and the enjoyment of the time is everything. Cute lamb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes absolutely Lorraine, I agree, art is most definitely therapeutic, I guess for this reason.

      Delete
  3. Certainly made me smile. I very much like to enjoy every minute if possible, might be a smile someone gives me or just looking at a beautiful sky. There is so much to enjoy in the present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Polly! Lovely to hear from you, thanks for leaving a comment ;-)

      Delete

Tulip Time - National Trust