Sunday 30 September 2012

In the pink!


Whilst I will temporarily have to say goodbye to pink tomorrow, I'm sure to return soon as it's such a beautiful colour to work with!  I've enjoyed these  ballet studies and I wonder at times if  I subconsciously love pink because I am so outnumbered in our house!!

In truth though, I love all colours in watercolour.  Friends visited today and they bought their lovely dog with them - his fur was a beautiful rich golden colour and, as we discussed this, I found myself seeing the colours in his fur as I would see them in my palette - perhaps he's a subject waiting to be painted ;-)

I have a full week of painting ahead and I can't wait!



5 comments:

  1. Was outnumbered in our house too and though I don't tend to wear pink, I find I am quite drawn to purply pinks with turquoise and green in painting...... hmm strange, you my be right, a sort of silent feminine rebellion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kaye:) The top of your blog is wonderful and your painting is too. Pink is wonderful in combination with purple, blue and white. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These latest two paintings are really lovely, Kaye - such gorgeous colour and light and you have captured both the dancer and the shoes in a wonderfully soft and sensitive way. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous study in pink Kaye but am looking forward to seeing your friend's dog in some form or other in the near future! lol

    Hugs.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust