Tuesday 21 August 2012

Postcard 7

 A Room with a View!

How naive of me to think that I could paint a postcard a day during the summer holidays - all very well in theory!  After a short interlude, here I am again with a gorgeous little fella eating "the nuts in a shell that I can't remember the name of!"  After being in our holiday cottage near Ullswater for a couple of hours we'd seen red squirrels, a wood-pecker, red deer, blue tits, chaffinch, buzzard and many more birds that I'm afraid I'm not sure of the name.  I think Alan mentioned a Nut-hatch??    

Never satisfied, lol,  I still haven't seen the badgers.....although all their peanut butter sandwiches had gone by the morning!


www.kayeparmenter.co.uk


6 comments:

  1. Hello Kaye:) Did you have that banner with the lovely swans already? They are so nice!!
    I also love your new postcard. Wonderful colors. I love squirrels. So cute how they held their food in their claws. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi renate, I've just swapped the baby elephant for the swans :-). The squirrels are unbelievably cute and quite unconcerned with us being around. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen a red squirrel for years! My friend has a caravan near Ullswater and she has a friendly red squirrel that comes to feed there but it's never been there when I've been there! I love nuthatches if that's what you saw, great little birds, love watching them going up and down trees! Have you got any walking done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you Kaye to get such a beautiful photo of the red squirrel. These wonderful creatures are so shy they don't come out to play that often. I've only seen one once. You know something magical has happened when you do see one though. Love the painting, though can't see it very well at that angle but its one of yours so it must be brilliant... :-) Btw are you still running workshops? I haven't seen anything mentioned on your website recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sharon, only a bit of walking as weather not too good.....forecast thundery showers (you won't catch me in the fells, lol!!). Done mountaining biking though which was exhilarating and hoping to do some kayaking too - love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura, yes I know, we are very lucky indeed :-). These squirrels have been coming here for many years and seem quite unperturbed by you sitting in the garden with them! Thanks for asking about workshops, I'll be working on them in September, lots of ideas, just need more hours in the day ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust