Saturday 4 August 2012

Postcard 2


Postcard: Day 2
Hydrangeas, delicate shades of pale.

Thank you everyone for commenting to my blog post yesterday and for thanks too for saying that you like my idea of painting a postcard a day to send to someone special.  I'm loving looking for inspiration and have had "two first-time" experiences today.....firstly I saw a a beautiful rainbow over the sea, and I'll share the other on a future postcard :-).  Hopefully the recipient of the first painting will receive it soon!


4 comments:

  1. Hello Kaye:) This one is so lovely too! The little bit of blue you added is nice with the pink. Just great! The photo could be taken in my garden. I've got both of them in the same size. I can't take my eyes of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifulf and what a lovely idea. And I am such a fan of hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renate, lovely that you have them in your garden - they must love the soil around here as they're everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Maria, I must admit that I'm only just realising how impressive the flower heads are when studying them closely for a watercolour...they're a mass of petals! Beautiful colours too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust