Wednesday 21 March 2012

Old and Bold

Old and Bold!

This old fella has been sitting on my easel for a
while now, he keeps looking at me, wondering when I’ll finish his
painting! In truth, I enjoyed painting it
so much, I have been adding little bits each day, watching the face appear out
of a fairly pale wash.

I could see warm colours in this painting although I have
used cool colours in the shadow areas and warmer colours where the sun is catching
the trunk and ears.

My old and bold friend is here for you to see, hope
you like him!

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely painting. You have captured the majestic quality of this animal. You have lovely lost and found edges that make this watercolor interesting and original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello watercolorist, thank you for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust