Thursday 7 April 2011

Daunted or Challenged!

“Love-in- a- mist”


I have always loved this flower and always been daunted with the prospect of capturing its feathery, light and soft appearance. Whenever faced with a subject that I find daunting, my feelings soon change to that of wishing to “rise to the challenge”, call it determined or even stubborn!


I believe that we all should be able to paint anything that inspires us, be it a flower, animal, landscape, figure or portrait and, through a process of experimentation and testing the boundaries of the medium, we should be able to draw from previous experience, paint freely and be lead by the heart.


After I’ve picked up my brush, I could be anywhere – I am totally immersed, absorbed and feel like I’m in a different world. I can’t say it’s always a relaxing place to be, but it’s exciting and addictive! I’m hoping to capture this feeling in my next workshop with a slight twist on my normal format!


6 comments:

  1. Spectacular! And fresh as a daisy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tellement beau, j'adore , si frais, poétique et mystérieux, un grand bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work! i liked the softness in your strokes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work has a dreamlike quality :)

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust