Thursday 11 November 2010


White lilies and Gypsophila
I've always been drawn to bunches of flowers with gypsophila. I loved the challenge of trying to reproduce this effect in watercolour and I've turned to salt to provide the speckles of the tiny petals. This painting was definitely one to sit and watch dry. It was possible to continue to add more intense pigment as the paint was drying and also continue to add tiny salt crystals where needed. Then sit back and watch it work its magic.
I've put the dates for my watercolour workshops on my website for 2011 and spaces are filling up fast. I'm looking forward to sharing some techniques with people who love watercolour too!




7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and soft painting. I like what you have done with the salt crystals.
    I am in awe :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've work magic here kaye ..goodluck with your workshops .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.

    Jane, hello!! Thanks for the good luck message. I am thrilled with the response - two of the six are full with waiting list and the others have just a couple of spaces left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Kaye, descubro tu blog , y me necanta tu manera de trabajar en húmedo y la delicadeza de tu paleta, te seguiré
    saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola, gracias por sus comentarios.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your watercolors are wonderful of light and sensitivity. I love your work! It delights me by its delicacy . Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay this is just beautiful, one of your best.

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust