Thursday 24 June 2010

Smile in the Sunshine


Something I hope will make you smile!

A couple of years ago, having had a wonderful carpet of new turf laid in our garden, we vowed to keep this little patch of green garden weed-free! Walking past the lawn yesterday, I had to smile as I saw the thickest patch of daisies I've ever seen - flowers two or three deep and not just one or two, but hundreds. I think it is fantastic but slightly funny! I can't wait to have a go at painting these overlapping petals - if anyone else wants to have a go and painting them too, please do!

3 comments:

  1. I remember winning a whole flat of daisies at the fair when I was about 8. My mom let me plant them in the front under some kind of flowering bush. around the end of July they looked just like your reference. Your little painting should be titled, "Sunny Side Up!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carrie. Thank you so much for leaving a comment and I did smile when you said my painting should be titled "Sunny Side Up!". I like the fact that you remember your daisies from your childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your technique and style of painting !
    I also love watercolour but seldom keep it loose and simple like this. Well done !

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust