Wednesday 24 March 2010



Have you ever stood beneath a magnolia tree in the summer and looked up to the blue sky above? It's the most amazing sight and I have enjoyed trying to capture the wonderful effect of looking through the branches and flowers in watercolour.

Some distant buds are visible but only as a blur. And those magnificent large flowers stand proud from the dark intertwining branches.


The wet-in-wet technique was perfect for this subject - I'm dreaming of blue sunny skies now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a beautiful painting! I love the movement implied. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal, I think this is one of my recent favourites, I'm getting to near to the end of flowers though for the moment and I'm looking forward to new subjects!

    ReplyDelete

Tulip Time - National Trust